Darjeeling Gangtok Tour
The name Darjeeling originates from the Tibetan words Dorje, or, in other words staff of the Hindu god Indra, and ling.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
The name Darjeeling originates from the Tibetan words Dorje, or, in other words staff of the Hindu god Indra, and ling, which signifies “a place” or “land”. Gangtok is the capital of the bumpy northern Indian territory of Sikkim. Built up as a Buddhist journey site in the 1840s, the city ended up capital of an autonomous government after British administer finished, yet joined India in 1975. Today, it remains a base for explorers sorting out licenses and transport for treks through Sikkim’s Himalayan mountain ranges. The exact importance of the name “Gangtok” is vague, however the most famous significance is “slope cut”. Today, Gangtok is a developing as urbanized city with proficiency rate of 94% of aggregate populace.
- Accommodation on twin/double sharing basis.
- All the rooms are based on category
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above)
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- Present GST Included.
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc. (to be borne by the client, should be is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.
Arrival In Darjeeling
Our delegate will welcome you at the New Jalpaiguri Railway Station/Bagdogra airport terminal. He will guide you for further voyage to Darjeeling, which is around 68 km away. Situated at a height of 6700 ft., Darjeeling is an excellent slope station that is well-known for its picturesque Himalayan trenches and long-stretched tea gardens. You can also explore its stunning brilliance on a vintage train, famously called as toy train. Afterwards check-in to the hotel and rest for some time. Rest of the day would be free, so that you can relax or visit the nearby market or a shopping center.
Sightseeing In Darjeeling
Begin your day with an early morning outing to Tiger Hill that offers the best sights of the Himalayas during sunrise. Imagine yourself standing in front of the Kanchenjunga top, the snow covered peaks playing with enchanting range of colors during the dawn. This all-encompassing view is the best appearance of the Tiger Hill. Now leave from your hotel. The great slope is around 11 km away from the beautiful Darjeeling town. As you descend the slope, you will be visiting the fantastic Ghoom cloister and Batasia Loop. One of the most established Tibetan Buddhist religious communities in Darjeeling, Ghoom cloister is located around 7 Kms away from the town, famous for the gigantic statue of Lord Buddha. Post this drive back to your hotel and relish a sumptuous breakfast. In the remaining day you can visit various attractions of the town such as Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, followed by Lebong race course, Peace Pagoda, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center, Tensing-Gumbo shake, ropeway and Parmesan Nadia Himalayan Zoological stop, which shelters the rare Snow panther and Tibetan wolf. You can also visit the sprawling green tea gardens, famous for their delicious variety of tea. Get back to the hotel make your way towards your hotel and have some rest.
Drive To Gangtok
Have a delicious breakfast and commence your journey towards Gangtok, amagnificent slope station in the Himalayan region of North-East. Situated in the eastern Himalayan range, Gangtok is an astounding blend of nature and religion. Amidst dense woods and Himalayan pinnacles, lies the inquisitive slope station of Gangtok. It takes around 2.5 hrs.to reach Gangtok. Along the journey, you will have sufficient time to relax and rejevenuate at your hotel. You can even explore the nearby attractions.
Sightseeing In Gangtok
After breakfast, our delegate will take you for your tour in Gangtok. With your visit to Enchey and Rumtek cloister, exploringGangtok begins on a profound note. Both the Enchey and Rumtek are among the most visited monasteries located in Gangtok. It is situated at a separation of around 3 km from Gangtok. The incredible religious community was built 200 years back. Despite what might be expected, Rumtek religious community welcomes every Buddhist with open arms. A little more established than Enchey, Rumtek religious community houses relics of the sixteenth Karmapa. Further, you will be visiting the Research Institute of Tibetology, Directorate of Handicrafts and Handlooms, Chorten and Orchid haven. By night, come back to your hotel and sleep tight in the lap of Himalayas.
Excursions From Gangtok
Today you will explore Gangtok. Start by heading towards the well-known Tsomgo lake and Baba Mandir. Tsomgo is a cold lake, which is around 38 km from the town of Gangtok. Scaling the Gangtok-Nathula interstate, which inhabits lovely mountain ranges, we will take you for visit to lovely Sikkimese Lake. The lake is famous for its beautiful and serene ambience which makes it a tranquil outing point. The Tsomgo Lake holds a sacred status. Situated on the banks, lies a Lord Shiva sanctuary that accentuates spirituality of the region. Following, visit the Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir which is located alongside Tsomgo Lake. Post this visits to the Research Institute of Tibetology, Directorate of Handicrafts and Handlooms, Chorten and Orchid asylum are also planned in your Gangtok family visit package. Return to your hotel at night.
Journey Back Home
Prepare your luggage after breakfast and check-out from the hotel and Gangtok. You have to reach the New Jalpaiguri railway station/Bagdogra airport terminal for your voyage back to home. This will mark as the end of your Darjeeling-Gangtok visit.
- 30 days prior cancellation 100 % refunded
- 15 days prior cancellation 50 % refunded
- For every cancellation an amount of INR 500 will be deducted as refund processing fee.
- 50 % advance at the time of booking for confirmation and rest 50 % at the time of check in.
- All applicable Transfers & Sightseeing by Scorpio /Xylo or similar which will not be at disposal and will be exclusively used for the guest as per the itinerary only (on point to point basis). This vehicle will also change sector wise.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc. (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel leading to an increase in surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure
- During season period the check-out time from the hotel maximum by 8:00 am as because of the heavy traffic issues.
- During season period sightseeing for Ropeway (Outer View) will only be done. And if cable car rides, waiting charges will be applicable.
- Toll and parking charges will be extra.
- Guest should take care of their belongings (cash, sunglass, wallet, etc.) as company would not be reliable or held responsible for any misplacement or loss of the articles.
- In North Sikkim sector, the drivers allowance would be Rs 500 extra per day per vehicle.
- Cancellation has to be sent to us by Fax / Email.
- From Date of booking – 30 days only communication charges of Rs 2000.00 per person
- 30 -15 Days prior to departure 25% of tour cost
- 14 -07 Days prior to departure 50% of tour cost