Mesmerizing Darjeeling Gangtok
Darjeeling has a few British-style state funded schools, which draw in students from all over India and a couple of neighboring nations.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Embark on the mesmerizing journey of spectacular North East India with our, “Mesmerizing Darjeeling Gangtok” tour for an unforgettable holiday in the lap of Himalayas. The ‘4 Nights and 5 Days’ tour covers all the major attractions of these two charming places in India. The picturesque landscape appears as nature’s canvas, painted with multiple mesmerizing hues. Peaceful, spellbinding, attractive and tempting all at once, Gangtok and Darjeeling are the ideal destinations to plan a family holiday or a honeymoon in India. Experience the thrilling experience of exploring the pristine and virgin landscape, taking the fun yak and mule rides, visit to scenic lakes, historical monasteries and much more.
- Accommodation on twin/Double Sharing Basis.
- All the rooms are based category
- Meal Plan (as per mentioned above)
- Exclusive Non a/c vehicle for transfers & sightseeing. Please brief to guest that vehicle will not be at disposal it will be available to guest as per itinerary only (point to point basis).
- All permit fees & hotel taxes (as per itinerary).
- Rates are valid for INDIAN NATIONALS only.
- Present GST Included.
- Air Fare / Train fare.
- Personal Expenses such as Laundry, telephone calls, tips & gratuity, mineral water, soft & hard drinks, rafting, rock climbing, paragliding, joy ride (Toy Train), porterage.
- Additional sightseeing or extra usage of vehicle, other than mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance Fees & Guide charges.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc. (to be borne by the client, should be is directly payable on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel price, leading to increase in cost on surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- Room Heater Charges
- Anything which is not included in the inclusion.
Arrival And Transfer To Darjeeling
Our delegate will meet you on arrival at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (70.3 km) / Bagdogra Airport (65.3 km) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (61.9 km). He will assist you for your transfer to Darjeeling.
Set at an elevation of 2050 m, Darjeeling is a beautiful hill town in West Bengal, popular for its tea plantations. Home to Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), this tranquil town offers the most spectacular view of the Majestic Himalayas around the world. The refreshing weather and pleasing ambience of the place promises you the most memorable trip to Darjeeling.
On reaching, check-in to the hotel. Step out to explore the Mall or shopping area of Darjeeling in the evening. Later, come back to the hotel for overnight stay.
Darjeeling Local Sightseeing
Wake up early this morning and start your family tour by driving towards the famous Tiger Hill (11 km) to experience a sunrise like never before. As you drive through the thick forests of oak and magnolia, get ready to enjoy a sunrise over Kangchenjunga Peak (subject to clear weather). Tiger Hill is famous for offering the panoramic view of Mount Everest and Mount Kanchenjunga together. As the first rays of the sun hit the place, you get to see the twin peaks of Kanchenjunga painted in shades of pink and orange.
After enjoying the breathtaking sunrise view, head back to Darjeeling. En-route, visit Ghoom Monastery, War memorial and Batasia Loop. The ancient Ghoom Monastery is famous for its spiritual ambience, beautiful thangkas and alluring surroundings. The monastery is also the best source to explore the essence of Buddhism as it preserves some of the rare Buddhist manuscripts. Batasia Loop is the perfect host to Darjeeling Himalayan toy train, which passes through the place in a loop-like pattern. The war memorial located near Batasia loop is dedicated to the brave soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for country during wars and operations after independence.
On reaching the hotel, have your lunch and start journey for the next round of sightseeing. Start with visit to Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park, well-known for its exotic variety of flora and fauna. Visit Peace Pagoda, another major tourist attraction of Darjeeling. Peace Pagoda which was established by Nichidatsu Fujii as a symbol of world peace to unite people of all caste and religion is another important place to visit in Darjeeling. There is a Buddhist temple and monastery located near Peace pagoda. Built in traditional Japanese style, they offer serene ambience for meditation.
With that spirit of mountaineering, you really can’t miss visiting the famous Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday). Enjoy the beautiful views of the tea plantations and snow-capped peaks with a Cable Ride that takes you to the beautiful Rangit Valley from Darjeeling. Explore the true beauty of Darjeeling, which lies in its Tea Estates and pick the best tea for yourself. Also, visit attractions like Tensing Gumpo Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self Help Center (Closed on Sunday) and Natural History Museum (Sunday Closed).
Head back to the hotel and enjoy a stroll around the mall in the evening. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Transfer To Gangtok & Half Day Sight Seeing
Munch some healthy breakfast in the morning and get ready for transfer to Gangtok, located at a distance of 96 kms from Darjeeling.
A well-known Buddhist pilgrimage site, Gangtok is nestled amid the high peaks of the Himalayas. Set at an elevation of 1600m, the place allures tourists from all over the world to explore its untouched beauty. Lakes, gardens, monasteries, Gangtok has something for every tourist. Gangtok experiences pleasant weather all throughout the year, this is why, people throng the place to enjoy some time amid beautiful natural surroundings.
On arrival, check-in to the hotel and start for sightseeing at major tourist attractions of Gangtok. Do Drul Chorten Stupa is one of the most important Stupas in Sikkim, featuring intricate architecture which leaves every visitor mesmerized.
Set on a scenic hill above Gangtok, Enchey Monastery is one of the major attractions of Gangtok. It is believed that the monastery belongs to the Nyingma order of Vajrayana Buddhism. The location where the monastery is located is believed to be blessed by Lama Drupthob Karpo, who was an expert in tantric art of Buddhism. Enchey Monastery is beautifully decorated and features alluring images of the deities Buddha, Loki Sharia, and Guru Padmasambhava. One can find a number of masks in the monastery which are used during the annual religious dances. Do visit other attractions like Directorate of Handicrafts & Handloom, Research Institute of Tibetology, White Hall and Flower Show. Later, return back to the hotel. Enjoy the evening at leisure. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Excursion To Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
This morning, after having your breakfast, leave for an exciting excursion. Your Gangtok family package also includes a daytrip to Tsomgo Lake (38.5 km) and Baba Mandir (54.6 km).
The tranquil and scenic Tsomgo Lake is the most attractive destination of Gangtok. Set at an elevation of 3780 m, this glacial lake is considered holy by Sikkimese people. There is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, located on the banks of the lake. The place is a paradise for bird watchers as get to spot a number of Brahmini ducks and migratory birds near the lake.
Located at a distance of around 16 km from Tsomgo Lake is Baba Mandir. A popular pilgrim center, Baba Mandir is believed to possess wish fulfilling powers. The shrine is built in the memory of Baba Harbhajan Singh, who was an Indian Army soldier and lost his life near Nathula Pass. It is believed that he is still ‘on duty’ for the Indian Army and he guards the lives of soldiers posted on the India- China border.
You can also visit the Nathula Pass, located 20 km from the shrine. Later, head back to Gangtok. In the evening, go for a stroll around the Mall road or any of the local shopping centers. Stay overnight at the hotel.
Departure - Gangtok To Siliguri
Relish a delicious breakfast and then leave for Siliguri / New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (119 km) / Bagdogra Airport (126 km) / Tenzing Norgay Bus Stand (113 km). On reaching, carry on with your onward journey.
- 30 days prior cancellation 100 % refunded
- 15 days prior cancellation 50 % refunded
- For every cancellation an amount of INR 500 will be deducted as refund processing fee.
- 50 % advance at the time of booking for confirmation and rest 50 % at the time of check in.
- All applicable Transfers & Sightseeing by Scorpio /Xylo or similar which will not be at disposal and will be exclusively used for the guest as per the itinerary only (on point to point basis). This vehicle will also change sector wise.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc. (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel leading to an increase in surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure
- During season period the check-out time from the hotel maximum by 8:00 am as because of the heavy traffic issues.
- During season period sightseeing for Ropeway (Outer View) will only be done. And if cable car rides, waiting charges will be applicable.
- Toll and parking charges will be extra.
- Guest should take care of their belongings (cash, sunglass, wallet, etc.) as company would not be reliable or held responsible for any misplacement or loss of the articles.
- In North Sikkim sector, the drivers allowance would be Rs 500 extra per day per vehicle.
- Cancellation has to be sent to us by Fax / Email.
- From Date of booking – 30 days only communication charges of Rs 2000.00 per person
- 30 -15 Days prior to departure 25% of tour cost
- 14 -07 Days prior to departure 50% of tour cost