The Himalayan Grandeur
Darjeeling is a residential area and the salubrious atmosphere implies strolls around town are amazingly charming methods
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Darjeeling is a residential area and the salubrious atmosphere implies strolls around town are amazingly charming methods for getting around. For longer outings, taxis are accessible in stands close to the passage to the Mall. Cabs and travel operators offer different visit bundles dependent on “focuses” which are basically the quantity of attractions secured. A 7-point bundle incorporates seven spots to visit, for example, the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute/Zoo, Cable Car, Peace Pagoda, and so on and takes around 5 hours to finish with the driver holding up at every fascination. Point-to-point committed taxi rides begin at Rs. 150 for even short separations. The most temperate path is to hail a common taxi. Rides are Rs. 10 for short separations and Rs. 20 for longer separations. Congested roads are normal particularly around the shopping center and transport station territories. It might be less demanding to walk instead of sit in a swarmed taxi. An awesome method to spend multi day is to take a mutual jeep to Ghoom (the following town up the edge), visit a few religious communities there and stroll back to Darjeeling by means of a portion of the towns.
- Accommodation at mentioned hotels or Similar as per meal plans mentioned.
- Transportation by appropriate vehicles as per itineraries and package.
- All parking charges and Road taxes, toll taxes.
- Assistance by our representatives during airport/station transfers.
- Any Airfare/Train fare
- Expenses of personal nature like medical expenses, phone calls, etc
- Entry fees at Monuments and guide services
- Government Service tax as applicable
Bagdogra – Darjeeling 93 Kms 3 Hours Approx.
Assistance at the airport/railway station on arrival and drive to Darjeeling.
Standing high in the Himalayas at an altitude of 2134m, ‘Dorje Ling’, or place of the Thunderbolt, offers breathtaking views of snow-capped mountain peaks, with the Kanchendzonga rising higher than all the others. Often referred to as the “Queen of the Hills”, it remains just as alluring with its tiny waterfalls, little villages and a narrow gauge railway track. Surrounded by World Famous Tea Gardens and snow capped mountains, Darjeeling remains one of the most exotic destinations. Graeme Westlake in his book ‘An introduction to hill stations on India’ refers to Darjeeling as having “A view Scarcely Unrivalled on Earth”.
Overnight at hotel.
Early morning visit Tiger Hill to see a beautiful sunrise and Himalayan Range like Kanchandzonga, Mount Everest etc. One can see the horizon changing colors just before sunrise and then the entire Himalayan range turn golden. It is truly a majestic sight and Ghoom Monastery which is oldest Monastery in the area which was built in 1875 and one can see the image of Mythey Buddha 15ft. height on the way back from Tiger Hill.
Breakfast at the hotel and proceed for city tour visiting Himalayan Mountaineering Institute(closed on Thursday) which was started by Tenzing Norgay after he climbed Mt. Everest, Zoological Park(closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Centre(closed on Sunday), Tenzing Rock, Gombu Rock, Tea Estate(from outside), Japanese Temple and Peace Pagoda.
Overnight at hotel.
Darjeeling – Gangtok 98 Kms 4 Hours Approx.
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Gangtok
At an altitude of 1750m, Gangtok became the state capital in the mid 19th century and has undergone rapid development since then.The downtown area is dominated by huge government buildings decorated with traditional Buddhist symbols. Gangtok is also a resting ground for people traveling to North Sikkim. Surrounded by Monasteries and Orchids, Gangtok is truly a travellers delight.
Later proceed for half day sightseeing in Gangtok visiting Flower Show, Do Drul Chorten, Institute of Tibetology(closed on Sunday), Cottage Industry(closed on Sunday) and Bakthang Falls.
Breakfast at the hotel and full day excursion to Changu Lake which is 35 Kms from Gangtok at an altitude of 12,400 feet. The lake derives its waters from melting snows off the surrounding mountains Legends say that lamas could forecast the future by studying the color of the lake’s waters.
Also visit New Baba Mandir
Overnight at hotel.
Gangtok - Kalimpong 83 Kms / 3 Hours Approx.
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Kalimpong
At an altitude of 1250m, Kalimpong’s location is ideal for a pleasant, relaxed getaway. Its clement weather has made Kalimpong’s orchids and gladiole well renowned. Up to the early 1700s, the Kalimpong area was part of the Sikkim raja’s domain. In the early 18th century, the Bhutan king also took it over. In 1865, after the Anglo-Bhutan War , it was annexed to Darjeeling. Scottish Missionaries came here in the late 1800s. The town thrived as a wool trading center with Tibet till 1950s. Today it’s a quiet hill resort and a haven for retired people.
Afternoon proceed for city tour visiting Zang Dog Palri Fo Brang Monastery, Mangal Dham and flower nurseries.
Overnight at hotel.
Kalimpong – Bagdogra/NJP 80 Kms 3 Hours Approx.
Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Bagdogra/NJP in time for flight/train to onward destination.
- GST shall be applicable over and above the package prices.
- All rates are valid for only Indian nationality.
- The package price does not include – Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry, telephone calls, room service, alcoholic beverages, mini bar charges, tips, portage, camera fees etc.
- Airline seats and hotel rooms are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- In case of unavailability in the listed hotels, arrangement for an alternate accommodation will be made in a hotel of similar standard.
- Transportation shall be provided as per the itinerary and will not be at disposal (AC will not work on hills)
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice, Force Majeure events, strikes, fairs, festivals, weather conditions, traffic problems, overbooking of hotels / flights, cancellation / re-routing of flights, closure of / entry restrictions at a place of visit, etc. While we will do our best to make suitable alternate arrangements, we would not be held liable for any refunds/compensation claims arising out of this.
- It is mandatory for all guests to carry valid photo ID’s (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card). PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- Cancellation charges will be calculated on gross tour cost and the cancellation charges shall depend on date of departure and date of cancellation.
- Cancellation charges for any type of transport ticket are applicable as per the rules of the concerned authority.
- Any refund payable to the Guest (if any applicable as per cancellation policy) will be paid after the Company receives refund from the respective authorities. The Company deducts processing charges from the refund to be paid to the Guest.
- All water activities are subject to weather conditions.
- Flight tickets are subject to availability. In case the tickets are not available for the quoted amount then other alternative dates will be recommended.